All tools listed below are freely available. You may also require windows installation media (to create a Windows Preinstallation Environment, to complete a fresh install of Windows before imaging it to a RAM disk, etc)
- firadisk - File/RAM Disk driver used to access GRUB4DOS RAM drives within Windows. Refer to the first post for download details (version 0.0.1.12 used during testing).
- ImDisk - Virtual Disk Driver (version 1.14 used during testing). Used to mount disk images within Windows. Can also be used to create superfloppy type disk images.
- Grub4dos - Boot-loader used to map disk images to RAM then boot from the disk images. Version 0.4.4 Final (build 2009-03-31) used during testing.
- DevCon - command-line device manager. This is required for one of the firadisk installation methods and can also be used in conjunction with firadisk to create a disk image.
The following files/programs are only required if you plan to manually create your own disk images -
- dd for Windows - Windows port of the Unix dd tool. Can be used to create raw disk images.
- dsfok - dsfi and dsfo will need to be extracted from the dsfok download. These executable files are only required if manually creating disk images.
- mbrbatch - Batch file used to create MBR entries for writing to a disk/image.
- gsar (General Search And Replace). Version 1.21 used during testing.
- DumpHex - command line hex viewer required by mbrbatch.