Required (freeware) Tools
The following (freeware) tools have been used in the guide -
- CopSSH - "Copssh is an ssh server and client implementation for windows systems. It is a yet another packaging of portable openssh, cygwin, some popular utilites, plus implementation of some best practices regarding security" (from CopSSH website). Version 3.1.0 used during testing.
- OpenSSH for Windows - SSH server for Windows 32 (based on Open SSH). This is a minimal build/port of Open SSH using cygwin tools. Version 3.8.1p1-1 (setupssh381-20040709.zip) used during testing.
- PuTTY - SSH client used to connect to the server. Version 0.60 used during testing.
- Plink - Command-line version of PuTTY.
- PuTTYgen - required for creating PuTTY (and plink) compatible keyfiles for authentication when connecting to the server. Version 0.60 used during testing.
- TightVNC - VNC server and client. Version 1.3.10 used during testing.
- PSFTP - SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) client.
- WinSCP - SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), FTP and SCP client with GUI.